Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Be a Drama Queen! Week 8 Review

Week 8 Review: Dramatic Responses to Literature

This week we spoke about dramatic responses to literature.  However, for my blog post, I would like to pay a closer attention to the work Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt.

Today, in class, we examined, evaluated, and discussed Babbitt's most famous work.  I remember reading this as a child, and discussing the book, and watching the movie, in school.  However, when rereading the novel as an adult, I notice the themes and moral of the story that I did not realize when I was a child.  Tuck Everlasting is a great work to use when teaching coming of age.  Winnifred, the main character, is faced with many tough decisions and choices that will determine her future.  This mimics the choices that humans have to make, and many of the choices that determine one's pathway in life.  Though the work is fiction and unrealistic, it relates to the reader on a level of understanding hard decisions.

I thought it was really neat that we learned to use animoto.com and can definitely see it used in my own classroom one day!  It spurred interest, as well as instilled motivation to learn in a new and exciting way.


1 comment:

  1. Nicole, I think all of your blog titles are so clever! "Be a Drama Queen" could not be anymore perfect for this post. It's great how you mentioned animoto to be a great teaching tool. Do you have any ideas yet on how would you plan on using it in your own classroom?

    ReplyDelete